My Weddings Rock, hereby referred to as “we”, “our” or “us” take privacy very importantly and wish to openly disclose our usage of your data. The reader, hereby referred to as “you” and “your” is our top priority, you have disclosed trust within us which we vow to not breach.
We primary collect three types of data:
- Personal information data, such as name, email, your message and any other information voluntarily submitted via the contact forms on this website (or through other communication methods, such as email)
- Usage data, or information about the device used to access our website (via Google Analytics), which includes (but not limited to) IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths.
- Tracking & cookie data, used to help provide a better website experience for you, enabling us to see which pages are the most useful so we can improve on the pages underperforming.
Please note that information collected by Google Analytics is anonymised and cannot be used for cross-reference with your voluntarily submitted information.
Why do we collect this data?
- This data is collected to help us provide a better experience for you and other users, we gather feedback to improve our services.
- For reference usage in data analysis, testing, research, statistical, troubleshooting and survey purposes.
- It helps us ensure the site is safe and secure.
- To comply with our record keeping responsibilities.
- To provide you with information which may be specifically of relevance.
What do we do with you data?
- We will never sell, distribute or lease it to third parties, nor will we unlawfully misuse it.
- We will use the anonymous reports from Google Analytics to improve our website user experience and fix bugs.
- We will use your personal information as a means to contact you, bill you and collaborate with you.
- To carry out obligations agreed in terms of a contract between you and us.
- We may send promotional emails about new products, special offers or otherwise information we deem may be of interest to you.
- We may also contact you for marketing research purposes, via email, telephone or otherwise.
Cookies are common practice used in all professional websites, they are miniscule files downloaded to your device to improve your experience. They are used to store user information, such as your log in details or how often you visit a website. Some cookies are strictly essential for a website to function, and some are just there to be used for data analysis.
We use Google Analytics, which is the industry standard for analytic software, it’s worth noting that this is an instance of a ‘third party’ cookie, and is not strictly essential for the website to function.
How long do we keep your data?
For tax purposes, we are required by law to retain client records for up to 7 years following the completion of any contractual agreement.
We automatically delete user and event data from Google Analytics which is older than 26months.
How do we keep your data secure?
We keep our systems fully updated and have methods to prevent unauthorised access to your personal data. Although we observe every precaution towards handling your data safely, there is no guarantee that any method of electronic storage or transmission is 100% secure.
Links to other websites
Controlling your data
You have the right to request a copy of your personal data, information about how your data is processed and request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer justification for it.
Please see https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/ for more information about your rights.